Why are so many people excited about installing solar panels on their home? What's the big deal? Some food for thought:
- Bye-bye electric bill.
- A well designed solar energy system can reduce your electric bill by 50% or more. In some months, you may even see your bill hit $0 -- or lower! (No, we re not kidding.)
- Solar power costs less than ever. Over the last six years solar panel prices have dropped by almost 80%.
- The cost of installing a solar energy system has come down considerably. As a result, it makes good financial sense for more people than ever before. In many States solar electricity beats utility bills.
- Solar panels are better than ever. They are robust, can take a beating, and still deliver year after year.
- At the same time that solar costs have come down, solar panels have become more efficient (high-end efficiencies in the market are running up to 22%). This means you can get more power from each solar panel.
- Sell power back to the utility. If your new solar panels produce more electricity than you use in a given month, in many states your utility will issue credit for this power on your next bill (called net metering or NEM).
- Solar panels are warrantied for 25 years.Homeowners rest easy knowing that their new solar panels will deliver reliable, long-term savings. Most good high quality solar panels are UL listed.
- Solar panels add value to your home. A solar home sells at a premium compared to a non-solar home.